Labels

Monday, September 10, 2012

Ms. Wen Guo


Ever since I was a little girl I've been outgoing and friendly. For as long as I can remember, I've had the desire to help people, and that passion has led me to teaching. I feel a great sense of accomplishment every time I am able to help students understand something new. I just love to watch students smiling as they learn.

Currently, I am a graduate student completing a TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) program in the USA, which not only provides me with advanced teaching methodologies, but also allows me to identify the difficulties that second language learners encounter, depending on their native languages.
During my time here, I have been a teaching assistant to help local students learn Chinese. I am familiar with the challenges that English speakers face when they learn Chinese, such as mastering tones and characters. I find enjoyment in helping my students build a solid foundation and have close access to the beauty of Chinese language and culture.

Besides teaching, I like to cook. I think a good cook must be a happy one. She is devoted and creative, using the best ingredients to nurture her loved ones. I also like to travel and meet people of different cultural backgrounds. Learning foreign languages enables us to interact with people from other cultures and seek a mutual understanding with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment